Avocado egg salad recipe
We have all been at a point where our regular breakfast just doesn’t do it for us anymore. It is like just yesterday this dish was acceptable but today you want something new, but you can not think of anything. On those days, the best thing to do is to visit the food recipe blog of foodism! Foodism has amazing breakfast and snack recipes, here is one of them- the Avocado egg salad recipe- Let’s find out more about this!
While some people refer to avocados as fruits and some people say they’re a vegetable, avocados (Persea Americana) are actually considered berries. They’re a member of the Lauraceae plant family, which also includes the cinnamon tree. There are dozens of varieties of avocado, ranging in size, colour and texture. All are native to tropical climates and when harvested, the flesh softens to a buttery texture that has become extremely popular in everything from dips to egg-avocado dishes. Today we have two recipes of avocado egg salads for you!
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and cubed
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the eggs with a fork in a mixing bowl to break up.
- Add the avocado, onion, pickle, mustard, and mayonnaise.
- Gently smash the ingredients together until blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
You can even enjoy it with garlic toast!
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled egg whites, chopped
- 2 small avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the hard boiled eggs and egg whites, avocado, Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, green onion, and mustard.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Spread between two slices of bread for an Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich.
- You can also eat with crackers or lavash bread!
Now that you have these recipes to try, You must be wondering- what is the fuss about avocados? Here are its benefits!
- Avocados are an excellent source of monounsaturated fat and vitamin E, and are a good source of folate.
- There is no doubt that the calorie content of avocados is greater than other fruits and vegetables. However, an interesting study has shown that the fat and fibre content of avocados leads to feelings of satiety which helps regulate appetite.
- Avocados are a rich source of protective vitamin E as well as carotenes including lutein and zeaxanthin which are thought to help keep the eyes healthy.
Now you know so much more about avocados!